您现在的位置: VOA >> VOA慢速英语 >> 时事新闻 >> 正文

[翻译]IN THE NEWS - France in Shock After Truck Attack in Nice

更新时间:2016/7/16 9:53:12 来源:本站原创 作者:佚名

A driver killed more than 80 people and injured others when he crashed a large truck into a crowd in Nice, France Thursday night.

周四晚上在法国尼斯,一名司机驾驶一辆大卡车冲入了人群之中,造成超过80人遇难,还有其他人受伤。

People had gathered in Nice for a celebration of Bastille Day. Nice is the fifth-largest city in France. It is a port city about 30 kilometers from the Italian border. About 350,000 people live there.

人们聚集在尼斯庆祝法国国庆日。尼斯是法国第五大城市。这是一座港口城市,距离意大利边境大约30公里。大约有35万人生活在这里。

The driver was shot and killed. Police identified him as a 31-year-old French-Tunisian who lived in Nice. Police said he was known as a violent person and longtime criminal. But security forces did not suspect him of having links to terrorist groups.

这名司机被击毙。警方查明,他是31岁的突尼斯裔法国人,居住在尼斯。警方表示,他是一名暴力分子和长期罪犯,但是安全部队并未怀疑他和恐怖组织有关联。

The driver entered a street that was closed to traffic at the time. He crashed through a barrier, then drove through the crowd for up to two kilometers, speeding up and targeting people as they tried to flee.

这名司机进入了当时交通封闭的街道。他撞毁障碍物,然后驾车冲向人群,加速并朝着试图逃离的人们行驶了长达两公里。

French President Francois Hollande spoke to the nation early Friday. He said “nothing will make us give way in the fight against terrorism.” He talked about the terrorist attacks in Paris last November. He said all of France is being threatened by the Islamic State terrorist group.

法国总统奥朗德周五凌晨发表了全国讲话。他说,“任何东西都不会让我们在打击恐怖主义的斗争中退缩。”他谈到了去年11月巴黎发生的恐怖袭击。他说,整个法国都正遭受伊斯兰国恐怖组织的威胁。

Hollande extended the country’s state of emergency -- which was to end later this month -- for three months. He has also ordered 10,000 members of the military to help security forces throughout the country. And he said France will increase its roles in Syria and Iraq.

奥朗德把原本在月底结束的全国紧急状态延长了三个月。他还下令一万名军人协助全国各地的安全部队。他还表示,法国将提升该国在叙利亚和伊拉克所扮演的角色。

This is the third large attack in France since last year. An attack in Paris in November killed at least 130 people and a series of attacks in January 2015 that began with an assault on the offices of the magazine Charlie Hebdo killed 17 people.

这是法国去年以来遭受的第三次重大袭击。去年11月巴黎发生的袭击造成至少130人丧生,2015年1月发生的一系列袭击始于查理周刊办公室遭袭,有17人丧生。

I’m Christopher Jones-Cruise.

相关文章列表