您现在的位置: VOA >> VOA双语新闻 >> 双语新闻 >> 正文

法院驳回川普推迟接纳变性人士服役要求

更新时间:2017/12/23 7:48:11 来源:本站原创 作者:佚名

A federal appeals court Thursday rejected the Trump administration's efforts to postpone admitting transgender men and women into the military.

美国一个联邦上诉法院星期四驳回了川普行政当局推迟美军接受变性人士服役期限的要求。

The three-judge panel simply said such recruits can join starting January 1 while the legal challenges proceed.

三名法官组成的合议庭只是说,在相关挑战法律程序进行期间,变性人士2018年1月1日开始可以服役。

A federal judge ruled last week that the new policy can go forward.

一名联邦法官上星期裁决有关服役人员的新政策可以实施。

The administration wanted a delay while it appealed earlier court rulings against the president's ban on transgender troops.

川普行政当局希望推迟。川普政府正针对早些时候法院不准川普总统禁止变性人士服役的裁决上诉。

But Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly said the government failed to prove it would be harmed if transgender men and women started signing up beginning on New Year's Day.

联邦法官克拉-科特里说,政府未能证明如果变性人士从新年开始在军队服役会有什么损害。

Former Defense Secretary Ash Carter opened the door last year for transgender men and women to join the U.S. armed forces starting July 1.

美国前国防部长阿什·卡特去年为变性人士7月1日加入美军开了绿灯。

But President Donald Trump tried to slam that door shut in an executive order, citing health costs and possible morale problems among non-transgenger members. He also ordered current transgender military members to be discharged.

川普总统试图以总统政令的方式不准变性人士服役,理由是医疗费用以及可能影响非变性军人的士气。川普总统还下令让已在军中服役的变性人士退役。

相关文章列表