您现在的位置: VOA >> VOA双语新闻 >> 双语新闻 >> 正文

沙特展开大范围腐败调查 关押208人

更新时间:2017/11/11 12:26:59 来源:本站原创 作者:佚名

Saudi Arabia's attorney general is confirming the country has detained 208 people in a wide corruption probe and estimates more than $100 billion had been embezzled over many years.

沙特阿拉伯总检察长穆吉布证实,沙特在大规模腐败调查行动中关押了208人,据估计多年来有1000多亿美元被侵吞。

In a statement Thursday, Saud al-Mojeb said seven of the people detained had been released without charge, but the other 201 remain in custody. Around 1,700 bank accounts also were frozen by the government.

穆吉布星期四发表声明说,其中7人已被释放,没有受到指控,其他201人仍然在押。沙特政府还冻结了大约1700个银行账户。

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said he spoke with Saudi Arabia Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir on Tuesday. The secretary said, "It's my understanding that they're characterizing [the detentions] as not really arrests at this point, but they're presenting people with evidence of what they think the wrongdoing is to see if there's a willingness to want to make things right."

美国国务卿雷克斯·蒂勒森说,他星期四跟沙特外交大臣朱拜尔交谈过。蒂勒森说:“我的理解是,目前他们对这次羁押尚未定性为逮捕,但是他们向相关人员展示了证明不当行为的证据,看他们是否有意愿纠正错误。”

Tillerson said, “it raises a few concerns until we see more clearly how these particular individuals are dealt with."

蒂勒森国务卿说:“这让我们有些担忧,除非我们清楚地了解到这些人被如何处理。”

Critics of the Saudi government say the probe is aimed at purging top Saudi government officials and sidelining rivals, as 32-year-old Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman heads the newly formed anti-graft commission.

沙特政府的批评者说,这次大规模调查的目的是清洗沙特政府高层官员,让对手靠边站。沙特新成立的反贪腐委员会由32岁的王储穆罕默德·本·萨勒曼领导。

相关文章列表